Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Work for Hobbs Show-Our Lady of The Serpentine





Thanks to a wonderful show in New Orleans, I had to get busy right when I got home to prepare for my upcoming show tomorrow night and Sat. at the Hobbs Building-a cool old building full of artists here in KC. Pictured below is one of my new pieces. This show will be all about light--I'll have some hanging lamps and small lighted lovebird pieces as well as lighted sculptures like this one. The title so far is Our Lady of The Serpentine. She is made of clay and the piece is constructed of metal, fabric, wire and paint. The bulb in the center is a 7 watt bulb, which I found gives off the subtle glow that I was going for. She will be for sale on my site and in my Etsy shop next week if she doesn't sell at the show.


3 comments:

Katie Runnels said...

Oh, She is Divine!!! WOnderful work, Tammy!!

curlyqmosaics said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tammy! Good luck at the show next week! :)

Blue Fruit said...

Hi Tammy,

These pieces are fabulous! So much so, that I have just featured you in a post on my own blog about your gorgeous light designs.

If you want to see it, the link is http://bluefruitdesign.blogspot.com/2011/05/witty-handmade-lights-inspired-by.html

Cheerio, Virginia from Melbourne Australia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...